Joe Truini Reviews The All New Worx Hydroshot Ultra
Hydroshot Ultra: A Lean, Mean Cleaning Machine
Author: Joe Truini
WORX has a well-earned reputation for designing and manufacturing innovative, high-performance tools, and its brand-new WORX 40-volt Hydroshot Ultra (Item WG649; $370) is certainly no exception. Perfectly filling the gap between a standard garden hose and bulky pressure washer, this portable, powerful machine provides a quick, easy way to clean virtually any outdoor surface, including decks, steps, patios, fences, siding, driveways, sidewalks and stonewalls. It’s also ideal for blasting dirt and grime from cars, trucks, boats, bikes, RVs, ATVs, and trailers.
Powered by two high-performance, long-lasting 4-amp-hour, 20-volt lithium-ion batteries, the 40-volt Hydroshot Ultra produces an amazing 725 PSI (pounds per square inch) of water pressure at 1.2 gallons per minute. That’s 11 times more powerful than a garden hose, and more than enough pressure to blast off greasy stains, dried mud, and stubborn lichen, mildew and moss.
And when the cleaning job requires a slightly lighter touch, such as when rinsing patio furniture or washing windows, simply dial down the power by shifting into low gear, which delivers a still-impressive 435 PSI.
However, what really makes the Hydroshot Ultra an indispensable cleaning machine is that, unlike other power cleaners, it can be used virtually anywhere because it doesn’t have to be plugged into an electrical outlet or attached to a garden hose.
The Hydroshot Ultra can be used in three different ways:
1) It can draw water directly from any freshwater source, such as a pond, river, lake, or swimming pool, by connecting the draw hose to the water pump, as shown below.
2) You can also siphon water from a bucket, barrel or tub, as shown above.
3) And if there’s a hose spigot nearby, you can connect the Hydroshot Ultra to a garden hose.
Hydroshot Ultra, shown below, comes complete with:
- D-handled sprayer with detachable 20-in.-long spray wand
- Adjustable spray nozzle with four settings, including 0º pinpoint, and three fan-spray patterns: 15º, 25º, and 40º
- 20½-ft.-long pump hose with attached water pump that has a super-efficient brush-less, two-speed motor
- 20-ft.-long draw hose that features a floater to prevent sinking, and a two-stage, cleanable filter
- Two 4-amp-hour, 20-volt lithium-ion batteries
- Dual-port charging station
- Quick-connect hose adapter for easily attaching a garden hose
- Convenient hose strap for securely storing the draw hose