Upcycled Boho American Rag Flag
- Scraps of Red, White, and Blue Fabric and Ribbon
- Mini Wooden Stars
- White Airbrush Paint
- Wooden Dowel
- Twine or String
1. Place the wooden stars on a piece of paper or in a box. Load the paint reservoir of the airbrush approximately ⅓ full with white airbrush paint. Before airbrushing, test and practice on a scrap piece paper and adjust as needed. Spray each star until fully coated.
2. Gather all red, white and blue fabric. Use the rotary tool to cut out thin strips of each color until you have enough to fully cover the wooden dowel. Tip: Cut out different thickness of each fabric color.
3. Use the glue gun to add a bit of hot glue to the wooden dowel and begin to lay and glue pieces of fabric into place. Repeat this process until the entire dowel is covered. Tip: Add ribbon and twine to a fuller look.
4. Glue stars sporadically on top of the rag flag. Add twine or string to the ends on the dowel to hang.