20V Power Share Cordless Impact Driver
- 20V cordless impact driver features a ¼ in. (0.63 cm) hex quick-release chuck for easily connecting bits.
- 20V impact driver provides more speed and power than standard drill drivers.
- Ergonomic design and micro-texture for optimum comfort.
- 20V impact driver features variable speed for controlled starts and optimum speed for driving applications.
- Lightweight design allows for longer use with less fatigue.
- Impact driver features an LED light for illumination of workspace in low light environments.
- 20V Max Lithium battery is compatible with all 20V and 40V power tools, lifestyle, and garden products in the Power Share system.
Impact Drivers are made specifically for driving fasteners. There is an internal mechanism that impacts the drive shaft in the direction of the rotation. These impact results in more turning power, or torque, to drive fasteners. There is no clutch. Speed is controlled by the trigger.
For masonry, a Hammer Drill, Impact Drill, or Rotary Hammer are better options.
RPM stands for rotations per minute and means the number of times the shaft turns per minute. BPM stands for beats per minute, or impacts per minute, referring to the energy boosts that help turn the shaft.
An Impact Driver can act like a very fast drill if need be. The drill bit must have a ¼ in. hex shank to fit the quick-release chuck. The user must be able to control the speed using the trigger, and stop driving the fastener without the aid of a clutch.