Replacement Tines for Dethatcher WG850
- Set of 24 steel dethatcher replacement tines offer long-lasting durability.
- Once installed, dethatches 14 in. wide, up to 3/8 in. deep.
- Easy Installation.
- Compatible with Worx WG850 12 Amp 14” Electric Dethatcher.
- Up to 3500 RPM tine speed.
- 3-position depth-adjustment to adjust to any lawn.
Dethatching is the process of removing the layer of tightly bound plant material just beneath the surface. This allows for better soil drainage and for nutrients to reach newly exposed root systems.
You will first need to remove all debris from the year, including any sprinkler heads and other obstacles. Then you will need to mow your lawn to half of the normal height of your typical cutting. The lower cut will allow the dethatcher to work more effectively.
Depending on the type of grass on your lawn, it is best to dethatch when your grass is growing its best and absorbing as much from the soil. Typically, this means late spring through early summer for warm-season grass and early spring and fall for cool-season grasses.
You will need to set the tines relevant to the type of grass in your yard and the thickness of thatch. It is also good to consider the amount of time between the last dethatching. Deeper settings will remove more thatch.