DIY Airbrush Galaxy Pumpkin
1. Hold the rotary tool and turn on the MakerX. Cut out a small circle in the back of the pumpkin big enough to fit your LED light.
2. Use the drill attachment and drill small holes through the pumpkin for stars. Tip: For added star variety, only drill in half way through the pumpkin.
1. Tape the stem with painters tape.
2. Start airbrushing with the lightest ink color to the darkest. Load the paint reservoir approximately ⅓ full with the pink airbrush paint.
3. Before painting, test and practice on a scrap piece paper.
4. Begin painting in a swirling motion almost making spots like a cow. Start further away from the pumpkin and work your way in. Adjust the air and paint flow as needed to create an organic look.
5. Once happy with the pink accents, add the teal paint to the reservoir and spray on a scrap piece of paper until the teal paint comes through and continue to paint swirls and spots.
6. Repeat the process with the indigo paint.
7. Add black accents around the pops of color and fill in any white spots of the pumpkin. Be careful to not over do it and cover up all those pops of color.
8. Once dry add a splattered star look by adding a light dab of paint on the tip of a stencil brush and flick it with your finger onto the pumpkin.
9. Let dry, peel off painters tape and add the light!