Etched Shamrock St. Patrick’s Day Glass Mugs
- Set of Large Glass Mug
- Printed or Drawn Design
- Protective Eyewear
- Wet Rag
*Work in a well-ventilated area and always wear protective eyewear, masks & gloves while etching. Remove any jewelry or loose clothing.
Tool Tip: Get familiar with the rotary tool- Practice on an old or upcycled jar. Hold the tool like a pen or pencil, try different tips and test the speed you like working with best.
1. Draw or print out a shamrock pattern design on a piece of paper. Tip: Keep the design simple for best results. Images that can be traced with singular lines work best.
2. Curl the paper, place it inside the mug and trim down to size. Tape the design on the inside of the glass so it doesn’t shift while etching.
3. Lay the glass flat on the table to prevent from shifting or moving as you work.
4. Hold the rotary tool and turn on the MAKERX Hub. Begin to slowly trace the design. Tip: Trace at a consistent speed and pressure to get the best result. It may be easier to move and turn the glass as you work rather than your hand.
5. Once completed, wipe the glass with a wet rag to remove any dust.
6. Any imperfections? Use the rotary tool and retrace any areas that need to be fixed or cleaned until happy with the end result.
7. Wash well before using.