Wood Burned Gift Tags
- Wood Gift Tags
- Printed or Drawn Design
- Carbon Paper (optional)
- Watercolors & Brush
Get familiar with the wood burning tool- Practice on an old or scrap piece of wood. Hold the tool like a pen or pencil, try different tips and test the temperature you like working with best.
1. Print out a simple festive image to the size of the gift tag surface.
2. Transfer the design onto the tag by laying a piece of carbon paper between the tag and the printout. Trace over the image with a pencil with medium pressure.
3. Turn on the wood burning tool and allow it to heat up until the maximum temperature is reached.
4. Use the point of your choice to trace over the image on the tag. Tip: Trace slowly and use even pressure for the best results.
5. Color the image with watercolors and set to dry.
6. Thread a piece of ribbon through the hole and tie.